Discover the Roman countryside by bike with the Roman Countryside Tour
Discover the Roman countryside with this 5-hour tour, choose whether to ride a pedal assisted bicycle or a Mtb. Together with your expert guide, you will explore the Via Appia Antica, the Parco degli Acquedotti, Parco della Caffarella and Parco di Tor Fiscale.
A travel along the Appian Way
Your half-day tour in the Roman countryside begins when you ride the cycle path that runs along the Lungotevere by e-Bike or MTB, leaving the city behind, to travel along the ancient Appian Way, a road whose history dates back to 312 BC. to provide strategic access in and out of the Roman republic.
You will stop to explore the historical sites around the Appian Way. Enjoy the scenery and snap some photos before continuing on your bike to the ancient burial sites of Rome. Follow your guide, take a first-hand peek at the ancient aqueducts of the Eternal City within the Parco degli Acquedotti and enjoy a mix of history, nature and art. Next, head to Parco della Caffarella and Parco Tor Fiscale, where you will be enchanted by the splendid journey immersed in nature and the numerous historical remains of ancient Rome. I stay listening to your guide because he will enchant you with many anecdotes about ancient Rome and enjoy free time to take beautiful photos before returning back to the meeting point, where the tour ends.
What makes the Roman Countryside tour unique?
Services on demand
- Infants aged 1-4 years travelling on a child seat (with a load capacity of up to 55 lbs or 25 kg) can come on the tour FREE of charge.
- Children aged 9 and above can ride on an appropriately-sized bike independently (e-bikes available from 140cm).
We can customize the Tour for You
- Tell us the dates of the trip and how many people you are.
- Tell us your preferences and we will customize the tour for you.
- Wait for our personal offer in your email or on Messenger!
Cancellation of the Tour
- Free cancellation up to 24 hours before the start of the experience.
- No refund within 24 hours of the start of the experience.