- 4 Hours
- 5 Hours
- English, Italian, German,
- From 2 to 10
Explore Appia Antica by bike: start the tour
Rome is a fascinating city, but often chaotic. Get away from the hustle and bustle of the big city in favor of a day surrounded by nature by choosing this amazing tour of 4 hours on an e-bike.
The tour of Appia Antica, catacombs, and aqueducts is meant to combine architectural treasures to a long walk surrounded by greenery. Being one of the most important access routes of the city and the Roman Empire, The Appian Way (Appia Antica) will be your itinerary. Your knowledgeable tour guide will guide you through massive aqueducts, which are landmarks for San Callisto catacombs, the mausoleum of Cecilia Metella, Quo Vadis. You will also visit the Regional Park of Appia Antica. Moreover, is up to you to decide whether you want to access one of the catacombs on the Appian Way or to the Roman Aqueducts by choosing the 5 hours tour option.
Combine the architectural beauties of Rome with the sweet air of nature
Are you ready to hop on an awesome e-bike? Our stroll on Appia Antica is just what you need to reconnect with the untouched nature of the Capital city. A knowledgeable guide will assist you in this journey sharing stories and fascinating anecdotes about the setting that will surround you.
- Lungotevere delle Armi 44
What makes the Appia Antica by e-bike tour unique?
Know before you go
The length of the tour is 29 kilometers (18 miles), 60% of which is off-road. The level is easy but it requires a minimum of cycling experience (intermediate with a child seat or child extension).
Around 40% of this tour takes place in the City/Tiber cycle path. The tour runs on carefully chosen streets, but some traffic is unavoidable to connect the City Center to Appian Way and the Appian Way to the Aqueducts Park. In the remaining 60% of the route (riding in the parks), there is no traffic.
Infants up to 20kg traveling on a child seat, come on the tour free of charge
Children up to 139cm join the tour with a child extension
Children from 140cm and above can independently ride an E-bike
This tour doesn’t include any food/drinks; however, the route offers possibilities to purchase some (to be consumed during a suitable break)
Not suitable for pets
Not recommended for pregnant travelers
We can customize the Tour for You
- Tell us the dates of the trip and how many people you are.
- Tell us your preferences and we will customize the tour for you.
- Wait for our personal offer in your email or on Messenger!
Cancellation of the Tour
- Free cancellation up to 24 hours before the start of the experience.
- No refund within 24 hours of the start of the experience.