- 5 Hours
- English, Italian, German,
- From 2 to 20
The time has come to tell your friends and family a beautiful Roman story.
Begin to become familiar with your e-Bike as you pedal safely along the Tiber cycle path, and admire the beauties of Rome from a different perspective before reaching the ancient Appian Way.
This tour aims to combine architectural treasures with a long walk surrounded by greenery. Being one of the most important access routes of the city and of the Roman Empire, the Appian Way will be your itinerary. Your expert tour guide will guide you through landmarks such as the Basilica of San Sebastiano Fuori le Mura, the mausoleum of Cecilia Metella, the Quo Vadis.
Not many places in Rome are off the beaten track.
So we want to continue this exciting itinerary by letting you visit an ancient Roman quarry on your bike.
This site is something you would never have seen before: Silent but fascinating galleries that once housed ancient Roman catacombs, later transformed into air raid shelters during World War II; you would not be able to witness such incredible and exclusive places without us.
Combine the architectural beauties of Rome with the sweet air of nature
Are you ready to get on a fantastic e-bike? Our walk on the Appia Antica is just what you need to reconnect with the unspoiled nature of the capital. An expert guide will assist you on this journey by sharing fascinating stories and anecdotes about the setting that will surround you.
Don’t miss the chance to explore Rome in a non-traditional way.
What makes the Ancient Appian Way tour unique?
Know before you go
The length of the tour is 29 kilometers (18 miles), 60% of which is off-road. The level is easy but it requires a minimum of cycling experience (intermediate with a child seat or child extension).
Around 40% of this tour takes place in the City/Tiber cycle path. The tour runs on carefully chosen streets. In the remaining 60% of the route (riding in the parks), there is no traffic.
Infants up to 20kg traveling on a child seat, come on the tour free of charge
Children up to 139cm join the tour with a child extension
Children from 140cm and above can independently ride an E-bike
This tour doesn’t include any food/drinks; however, the route offers possibilities to purchase some (to be consumed during a suitable break)
Not suitable for pets
Not recommended for pregnant travelers
We can customize the Tour for You
- Tell us the dates of the trip and how many people you are.
- Tell us your preferences and we will customize the tour for you.
- Wait for our personal offer in your email or on Messenger!
Cancellation of the Tour
- Free cancellation up to 24 hours before the start of the experience.
- No refund within 24 hours of the start of the experience.